World Fantasy Award ballots for works published in 2015 have been announced. The awards will be presented during the World Fantasy Convention, to be held October 27-30, 2016 in Columbus Ohio. Below are the finalists for short fiction:
- “The Neurastheniac”, Selena Chambers (Cassilda’s Song, collection)
- “Pockets”, Amal El-Mohtar (Uncanny 1-2/15)
- “The Heat of Us: Notes Toward an Oral History”, Sam J. Miller (Uncanny 1-2/15)
- “The Deepwater Bride”, Tamsyn Muir (F&SF 7-8/15)
- “Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers”, Alyssa Wong (Nightmare 10/15) Reviewed here.
I’ll get started on reviewing these just as soon as I finish chapter 38 and get my backlogged reviews posted, which means it will probably be a couple of weeks. I’m having trouble keeping track of time this summer. I suspect I may have been cursed by a daayan while in India. It’s either that or blogger’s block, and I will take a witch’s curse over that any day.