Did you know the 2017 Nebula Award nominees are out? Of course you did, because unlike me, you’ve been paying attention to all the great science fiction and fantasy out there. The Nebula Awards will be held May 19, 2018, in Pittsburgh.
My only excuses for not posting this earlier are
- I’m trying to write a novel.
- I’m also building a summer house in a remote location that has sketchy phone service and internet access.
- I have a communications consulting business to pay the bills.
- The cat ate my laptop.
Okay, #4 is a lie, but the rest is true.
Anyway, here are the short story nominees. Reviews of these nominees are coming soon.
- “Fandom for Robots” by Vina Jie-Min Prasad (Uncanny 9-10/17)
- “Welcome to Your Authentic Indian ExperienceTM” by Rebecca Roanhorse (Apex 8/17)
- “Utopia, LOL?” by Jamie Wahls (Strange Horizons 6/5/17)
- “Clearly Lettered in a Mostly Steady Hand” by Fran Wilde (Uncanny 9-10/17)
- “The Last Novelist (or A Dead Lizard in the Yard)” by Matthew Kressel (Tor.com 3/15/17)
- “Carnival Nine” by Caroline M. Yoachim (Beneath Ceaseless Skies 5/11/17)